Earth-Three Remembered Archives
The stories found here deal with what happened on Earth-3 (which now exists in the antimatter universe of Qward) after the events of the Crisis on Infinite Earths and come from the Earth-Three Remembered board at the Five Earths Forum. They focus on the Crime Syndicate, Alexander Luthor, the Weaponers of Qward and other characters published by DC Comics. New but familiar characters have also been introduced along the way. See the Timeline of Earth-3 for more information on Earth-3’s history and characters.
You can read the stories here in three different ways: by character titles, by chronological order, or by author. All new published stories will be promoted on the Five Earths Project website. You can receive all new stories from this section through Google Reader by subscribing to the Earth-3 RSS feed.
- All-Star Squadron: Times Past, 1942: Gender Gasp, Chapter 4: Dark Hawkmen of Egypt (Hath-Set, Khufu, and Shiera guest star via time travel in the 16th century B.C.)
- All-Star Squadron: Times Past, 1942: Gender Gasp, Chapter 6: Possessions (Doctor Chaos guest stars via time travel from the 16th century B.C. to 1942)
- Captain Carrot and the Zoo Crew: The Dark Side of the Crew, Prologue: The Nasty Menagerie (Ultraman guest stars on Earth-C)
- Justice League of America: Times Past, 1984: Crisis of the Kryptonite Criminals (Crime Syndicate of America, Johnny Quick, Owlman, Power Ring, Superwoman, and Ultraman guest star on Earth-1)
- Green Lantern: Emerald Renaissance, Chapter 2: The Weaponer (Weaponer of Qward guest stars on Earth-2)
- Green Lantern: The Play’s the Thing, Prologue: Con-Trolling Ferris (Fabrikant as Mr. Smith guest stars on Earth-1)
published September 28, 2001
Queen Hippolyta of Sanctuary Isle, leader of the Amazons, reminisces about her headstrong daughter Diana and the events that led her to become the villainess of man’s world called Superwoman.
- Green Lantern: The Play’s the Thing (Fabrikant as Mr. Smith guest stars on Earth-1)
- Green Lantern: Ticket to Ride (Fabrikant as Mr. Smith guest stars on Earth-1)
- Green Lantern: Power and Light (Fabrikant as Mr. Smith guest stars on Earth-1)
- Green Lantern: Rumble Down Under (Fabrikant as Mr. Smith guest stars on Earth-1)
- Green Lantern: No Strings (Fabrikant guest stars on Earth-1)
by Libbylawrence, with Doc Quantum
published July 21, 2000
The Crime Syndicate, Alexander Luthor, and the entire world of Earth-Three died at the beginning of the Crisis on Infinite Earths — or did they? Luthor awakes to find that the antimatter universe has somehow absorbed the world of Earth-Three, but that’s the least of his worries when his power suit becomes depleted of energy. And when a new Lawless League attacks the world and aims to conquer it, will Luthor have to free the Crime Syndicate once more to stop one menace with another? Featuring the debut of Luthor’s psychic sister Lena, his android assistant Brainiac, and two new members of the Crime Syndicate: Microbe and the Martian Murderer.
published January 20, 2001
Alexander Luthor and his assistant Brainiac have invented a weapon that has the power to defeat the Crime Syndicate once and for all. But even with all of the Syndicate 99s powers at its disposal, can the synthezoid known as Amazo finally bring freedom to Earth-Three? And how can Luthor avoid the deadly fate that his precognitive sister Lena has predicted will happen to him?
published August 31, 2000
After so many years of the Crime Syndicate terrorizing Earth-Three, Alexander Luthor has had enough. Reasoning that heroic counterparts of Earth-One and Earth-Two villains must exist on Earth-Three, Luthor seeks them out and builds a Secret Society of Super-Heroes. But when the Syndicate learns of the existence of several new super-heroes, they respond by adding new super-villains to their team. Will the novice heroes of the Secret Society have what it takes to beat the bad guys? Featuring the debut of the super-heroes known as the Clown, Yellow Flame, the Lynx, and Doctor Shadow, and the super-villains known as Doctor Chaos, Sundown, Deadeye, and Rubberneck.
published August 31, 2001
For years, an evil mutant named Adam Blake has manipulated the world’s governments from secret, using his amazing telepathic and telekinetic powers. After years of planning, he sets his Brethren of Mutants against the Crime Syndicate, intending to take them down along with anyone else he deems a threat. But with the fate of the human race hanging in the balance, will the Syndicate be able to save their own skins and stop the Brethren? Featuring the debut of the mutants known as Centigrade, Excelsior, Storm, and the mysterious Joshua.
by Earth Elemental 99
published September 12, 2001
On Earth-One, Abigail Arcane is the lover of the Swamp Thing and the innocent niece of the evil Anton Arcane. But on Earth-Three, where heroes are villains and villains are heroes, the Baroness Abigail Arcane is powerful and utterly ruthless. What is the secret of her creation, and how is that connected to the strange patchwork teddy bear she carries with her?
published October 5, 2001
Three strange visitors from outer space arrive on Earth — Lady Shrike of Thanagar, Ultragirl of Krypton, and the alien-raised human Terra-Man. But why is Lady Shrike on the run? And what vendetta does Ultragirl have against Ultraman? And what is Terra-Man’s secret?
published November 26, 2001
In the wake of Alexander Luthor’s apparent death, the Crime Syndicate rejoices. But their glee is short-lived as the brilliant Dr. Thaddeus Atlanta, world’s kindest scientist, assembles his Monster Society of Good to combat them. Can even the powerful Crime Syndicate withstand an attack by the Monster Society? Introducing the icy Frost Queen, the man-monster named Hiram Goldman, the shark-like Great White, the energy-man Triple-X, the strongwoman named Giganta, and the werewolf called She-Wolf.
published September 2, 2002
With the heavy-hitters in the Crime Syndicate now trapped and effectively imprisoned in Suspendium on the moon, the remaining members decide to continue on with a lower profile after taking on a new member called the Silk Canary. But when the original Crime Syndicators return as crime-fighters, their former allies are left wondering what happened to them and what this mysterious Illumino has to do with it. Can Doctor Chaos free his allies from Illumino’s control with the help of the Dark Stranger? Meanwhile, on the planet Rann, the very much alive Alexander Luthor and Lady Shrike learn that they were kidnapped from the Earth by an alien scientist named Ranjar Ro to free the planet Rann from its tyrant — the Earthman Alec Strange. Will Luthor be able to free Rann from Strange’s control and return to Earth before Lady Shrike can betray him?
- DC Universe: Enter the Defender, Chapter 2: The Faultless Five (Crime Syndicate of America and Power Ring guest star via time travel in 1987)
- DC Universe: Enter the Defender, Chapter 3: Versus the Crime Syndicate (Crime Syndicate of America, Deadeye, Doctor Chaos, Johnny Quick, Martian Murderer, Microbe, Owlman, Power Ring, Rubberneck, Silk Canary, Sundown, Superwoman and Ultraman guest star via time travel in 1987)
by John M. Burt
published August 2, 2002
Three criminals wander deep into the marshlands, murder on their minds, when they encounter a chalk-skinned “swamp monster” with motives that none of them could ever possibly fathom! Discover why they say that Monday’s Child is fair of face!
- The Night Force: Into the Abyss (Crime Syndicate of America, Johnny Quick, Owlman, Power Ring, Superwoman and Ultraman guest star)
- Showcase: Injustice Unlimited: Dishonor Among Thieves, Chapter 5: Detour on Qward (Thunder Guard guest stars)
- Showcase: Injustice Unlimited: Dishonor Among Thieves, Chapter 6: Father Figure (Starheart guest stars)
- Showcase: Injustice Unlimited: Dishonor Among Thieves, Chapter 7: Strange New World (Starheart and Star Sapphire guest star)
- Showcase: Injustice Unlimited: Dishonor Among Thieves, Chapter 8: Summoned by the Starheart (Starheart and Star Sapphire guest star)
- DC Universe: Enter the Defender, Chapter 1: The Legion of Ultra-Villains (Legion of Ultra-Villains, Cosmic Boy, Electro Lad, Leland McCauley III and Mind Mistress guest star via flashback in 2972)
- The Legion of Super-Heroes: Heroes No More? (Legion of Ultra-Villains guest star)
published June 30, 2011
Earth-Three’s future is ruled by the Legion of Ultra-Villains, but for the first time a hero might just challenge them! And it will take a voyage through time and to a parallel universe to transform Urthlo 5, the last descendant of Alexander Luthor, into the Defender! Guest starring the Faultless Five, the Crime Syndicate of America, and the Adult Legion of Super-Heroes!